Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today's Christian clip art: Jesus before Pilate

Matthew 27:11-31, Mark 15:1-20, Luke 23:1-24, John 18:28-19:1.

Jesus was taken to the palace of the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate. Pilate asked Jesus, "Are you the king of the Jews? What is it you have done?" Jesus replied,"My kingdom is not of this world." "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." "What is truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him." But Jews shouted to crucify Jesus, and Pilate was afraid of them. Pilate released a criminal called Barabbas whom Jews wanted instead of Jesus.


Jesus before Pilate