Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today's Christian clip art: Whatever you did for one of the least

Matthew 25:31-46.

Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus told about his return. "The Son of Man will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come here. Here's the kingdom he has waiting for you. I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me. I was naked and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me'. Then those people will ask, 'When did we do these things?'. Here is the truth: whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."


This is the verse of the final judgment. I was too scared to draw it from Michelangelo's point of view. But this verse also lets me consider what I am doing and what I can do for the least brothers of Jesus.


Whatever you did for one of the least